Full course description
Duration: - Weeks
Commitment: 1 hour per week (suggested)
Course Type: Self paced
This course introduces you to an overview of what palliative care is, namely outlining a brief history, development of, and the philosophy in palliative care. Participants will be able to understand the importance of palliative care for terminally ill patients, their families and caregivers. This form of care is a significant decision to be made to respect life and to preserve the dignity of a person approaching his/ her end of life days, and for his/ her family.
This course is targeted at healthcare professionals, caregivers caring for terminally ill loved ones, and anyone who is interested in acquiring background information in palliative care.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Understand what palliative care is (brief history, development and philosophy)
- Learn what palliative care comprises of and how it can help
- Identify the groups who require palliative care
- Understand the importance of palliative care for both the patients, as well as their families and caregivers
- Understand the attitudes and principles required for successful palliative care