Fall Awareness is a Course
Time limit: 30 days
Full course description
Duration: 4 Weeks
Commitment: 1 hour per week (suggested)
Course Type: Self paced
This free course is designed by a team of professionals and practitioners targeted for clinical staff, caregivers who are currently caring for elderly loved ones or anyone who is interested in this topic. Each week you will be expected to review the corresponding course Module and to take a quiz specifically on the content for the week. Quizzes are not timed and you have unlimited attempts for each quiz; the highest score out of the attempts will be counted.
- The first week of the course provides an overview of different type of gait aids, how to use it technically. You will need to answer a set of multiple choice questions after watching the videos.
- In the second week of the course, you will be learning Otago Exercise Programme (OEP) to prevent falls in older adult. You will need to answer a set of multiple choice questions after watching the videos.
- In the third week of the course, you will be introduced to the quick guide to operation of wheelchair.
- In the last week of the course, you will be exploring about berg balance scale.
ObjectivesBy the end of this course, you will be able to achieve following:
- Knowledge on different type of gait aids and how to use gait aids properly
- Otago Exercise Programme to prevent falls in older adults
- Quick Guide to Operation of Wheelchairs
- Understanding of the Berg Balance Scale