Eat Well, Live Well is a Course
Eat Well, Live Well
Time limit: 30 days
Full course description
Duration: 2 Weeks
Commitment: 1 hour per week (suggested)
Course Type: Self paced
This free course is designed by The Salvation Army Peacehaven for health professional, caregivers and seniors to examine the nutritional requirements of older persons, and to understand the food labels in supermarkets to plan seniors' diet.
- The first week of the course will introduce you to the key nutrients required by seniors and to eating portions when eating out. You will need to answer a 5-question quiz to familiarise yourself with the course content.
- The second week of the course will explain the nutrient claims and examine the label in food products. You will need to answer a short quiz to demonstrate your understanding.
Each week you will be expected to review the corresponding course Module and to take a quiz specifically on the content for the week. Quizzes are not timed and you have unlimited attempts for each quiz; the highest score out of the attempts will be counted.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify and differentiate high quality and low quality protein sources
- Learn nutrients such as vitamin D, calcium, good fats and bad fats.
- Look at tips for eating out and how much to eat
- Demonstrate the understanding of nutrition claims
- Interpret food labels