Building a Dementia-Friendly Community
Started Jun 6, 2018
Full course description
Duration: 2 Weeks
Commitment: 1 hour per week (suggested)
Course Type: Self paced
This free online course is initiated by Lien Foundation. It will help you understand what dementia is; what a Dementia -Friendly Community (DFC) is; how you can play a vital role in supporting persons with dementia (PWD), caregivers and families by being a Dementia Friend.
It is possible for persons with dementia (PWD) to lead independent and dignified lives, provided there is ample understanding and support from their families and the community. You will learn how you can support PWD, their caregivers and families through understanding, identifying and managing awkward behavior and/or situations that arise in (PWD).
You will be introduced to the concept of a DFC through a short video and will need to answer a set of multiple choice questions after watching the video.
ObjectivesBy the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand what dementia is
- Identify persons with dementia
- Understand and identify awkward behavior and/or situations that arise from persons with dementia (PWD)
- Manage and resolve awkward behavior and/or situations that arise from PWD
- Support PWD, their care-givers and families living in your community