Full course description
Launching January 2022
Become a Dementia Care Specialist!
The course will be delivered in 3 steps:
Step 1 : E-learning
Students will undertake 6 hours of e-learning on the canvas platform to refresh their knowledge of Dementia Care. Individuals MUST pass the assessment portion of the e-learning to ensure suitability to enter the subsequent steps of the programme.
Step 2 : Team based learning
Students will complete face-to-face sessions at the The Salvation Army Peacehaven Nursing Home. The following topics will be covered in these sessions:
- Leadership and Management
- Ethics, Diversity, and Human rights
- Dementia friendly environments
- Palliative care management
- Train the Trainer (Dementia Care)
Step 3 : Industrial attachment (6 days)
Students will demonstrate their knowledge and skills at The Salvation Army Peacehaven Nursing home.
Method of Assessment:
Students will be assessed through:
- E-learning assessment (for entry to course)
- Demonstration of key competencies during their industrial attachment.
- The design and delivery of a dementia care training session using case presentations.
3 years experience caring for Persons living with Dementia
Have undertaken a Dementia Care training programme at the intermediate level.
Have undertaken the Certificate in Dementia Care (awarded by RHA Academy)
A pass in N/O/A Level English Language
Students who do not meet the entry requirements may be interviewed to determine their suitability for entry to the course.
SGD$ 2200 (before GST)
To find out more information on the programme, including upcoming intake dates, please contact the Jade circle Academy